MMAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMAD

Make a difference at the MMAD forum.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Do you want exclusive Access to the Music Industry? Get to the www.mmadconference.com 25th & 26th feb 2011
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Himmatwala Doka Doka Dj Songs
The White Album, Part II Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:04 pm by rayaile

» Demi_Lovato-Heart_Attack_White_Sea_Official_Remix.mp3
The White Album, Part II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 4:40 pm by 

» THE FORUM IS CONDENSED
The White Album, Part II Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:21 pm by sirius1

» TOGETHERNESS AND UNITY THROUGH MMAD
The White Album, Part II Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:30 am by astra1

» Please Please Me
The White Album, Part II Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:55 am by Mr007

» The White Album, Part II
The White Album, Part II Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:54 am by Mr007

» The White Album, Part I
The White Album, Part II Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:54 am by Mr007

» MySpace & Soundclick Links
The White Album, Part II Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:10 pm by gaunpro

» JEDAPRIN PRESENTS NEW ALBUM GANGSTER BEATS
The White Album, Part II Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:10 pm by gaunpro

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The White Album, Part II

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

The White Album, Part II Empty
PostSubject: The White Album, Part II   The White Album, Part II Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:54 am

[SIZE="5"]
The White Album, Part II
[/SIZE]

The White Album, Part II Sc0006thebeatleswhitealna2

The first song, Birthday is a straight up raw rock song that really makes you want to move. Coincidentally, my mother shares a birthday with Lennon, so whenever she heard this song, she pretended they were singing right to her. I like the piano part in the section where it says "I would like you dance." The next song, Yer Blues is one in a line of those self critical Lennon songs. It's sort of a parody to a stereotypical blues song, but it still somehow remains catchy and powerful.

Mother Nature's Son is probably my favorite song on this part of the album. It was written by Paul when they were all at the Maharishi's retreat in India. I quite like the guitar in this song, and the tapping sound in the background, it sounds like someone's foot. The horn is a nice addition, but the song is still beautiful and great without it. Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey takes the cake as The Beatles song with the longest name. Interestingly enough, this is a John song, but it is a joyous song which is more up Paul's alley. The lyrics are total John though, but the opening melody seems to be like something Paul might have written. Nobody knows if he did. Lennon said he took the lyrics directly from things that the Maharishi said, except for the monkey part. A lot of people love Sexy Sadie and find it to be their favorite song on the album. For me, that's not the case, I think it is a really good song. but not a great song.

Some people call Helter Skelter the first metal song in the history of music. I don't know if it's the first, but even by today's standards it still rocks, which is quite an acheivement. Paul wrote it as a response to a song by The Who that he heard on the radio. He was intriguied by the sound and wanted to do them one better. Unfortunately, like Piggies, Helter Skelter is mired in unfortunate history. If Woodstock was the crowning acheivement of the hippies, then the Manson murders were the darkside and one of the many factors that lead to the downfall of the utopian thinking in the 60s. Leary and all of those goons were destroying the minds of a whole generation, and people were promoting the benefits of LSD and acid. They were saying a new society could be built. But then the Manson murders. Manson was one of them. He used LSD to control people and commit horrible acts of murder. And who did he say inspired him to do such acts? Well, the posterboys of the revolution, The Beatles. Manson singlehandedly helped bring about the crushing cynicism of the 70s.Long, Long, Long is one of George's most underrated songs. I love the guitar in this song. It is George singing softly and beautifully about his discovery of God and the hinduism philosophies. George needed to fill a void, and spirituality and religion would be the answers.

I think this si quite a nice version of Revolution 1, although I love the single version better. Some interesting parts in this half-acoustic version are the "shooby doo wop"s by Geroge and Paul in the background. Also, John seems like he hasn't made up his mind, with the lines "Don't you know you can count me out..in". Sort of ambiguous for someone who would so adamently be for peace in his later years. Honey Pie is a nice little catchy song by Paul, that is sort of sad and funny. I like it, and how it randomly goes from good sounding vocals, to the stereo hiss of some recording from the 20s. Another underrated song of George's is Savoy Truffle a catchy song about candy. He wrote it as a tribute to one of his friends who had a notorious sweet tooth, Eric Clapton.

Cry Baby Cry is probably my favorite John song on this part of the album, and is my second favorite on this part of the album overall. Depending on my mood, I sometimes like it better than Mother Nature's Son. The chorus was originally "Cry baby cry, make your mother buy, she's old enough to know better, so cry baby cry." I love the surreal and stream of consciousness lyrics. I love the sad mood of the song. Also, the guitar part at the end from Paul is nice: "Can you take me back where I came from, can you take me back."

Am I the only person who likes Revolution 9? I think it is a fabulous experiment with sound, and there are a lot of parts I like. "Financial Imbalance....the watusi.....the twist..." Also, I like the part "Riiiiiiiiiide." I find it to be quite a hypnotizing song. "Take this brother, may it serve you well...." And finally, there's Good Night another sort of kids song by The Beatles, sung by Ringo, it's a lullaby and it is a nice send off of a groundbreaking and innovative album.

Back to top Go down

The White Album, Part II
Page 1 of 1